Euclid mode notes

Quick brain pick please…

Is it possible to play more than one note in Euclid mode? For example say the are 3 fills in the sequence could one be A one C and one D? And also can you make more than one sequence in say bank A 1,2 for example and have them playing simultaneously?

Thanks for the help
Tim

Is it possible to play more than one note in Euclid mode?

Yes , Kind of it can accept ‘chords’ ( actually this is any collection of notes)
(either enter with an external keyboard or hold down encoder and press notes you want)

For example say the are 3 fills in the sequence could one be A one C and one D?

no the same ‘chord’ is for every step, you can play a bit with FX , but this wont really get what you want…

And also can you make more than one sequence in say bank A 1,2 for example and have them playing simultaneously?

yes, this is how you can achieve you previous wish…
and you have ‘lots of tracks’ (64) so no real issues, except it might be difficult to keep track of

how knows what will be in OS 3.0… perhaps Euclidean mode will see a bit of a revamp … I hope so.

personally, Id like to just be able to copy the notes, and then paste them into normal step mode (and it change the length/notes accordingly) … so you can use if for a bit of inspiration, and then fine tune in step mode… though in fairness not hard to do these by hand in step mode.
so this is another ‘solution’ for your problem, look at the pattern Euclidean mode gives you… then just enter it in step mode

3 Likes

OK cool, thanks for that. Can you run more than one Euclid sequence together when using CV/Gate outs? Hooked up to an SH 101.

Well, Euclid tracks can be transposed with Master transpose.
At least that’s my workaround for not being able to set the transposition directly in the track itself. But this way you can be sure that changes happen straight on beat or however you want them to occure, since the MT track is not bound to the length of the Euclid pattern.

3 Likes

It is possible to record in this mode ? It doesn’t let me record it … :confused:

personally, Id like to just be able to copy the notes, and then paste them into normal step mode (and it change the length/notes accordingly) … so you can use if for a bit of inspiration, and then fine tune in step mode… though in fairness not hard to do these by hand in step mode.
so this is another ‘solution’ for your problem, look at the pattern Euclidean mode gives you… then just enter it in step mode

My understanding is you can now do this using the “consolodate” function, though I haven’t experimented with this yet. Just FYI

2 Likes