Bugs: CV out drops suddenly, wrong pitch/CV out

I’ll make a video later but I found yet again a couple amazing bug and quite big ones

Say I tune my oscillator to a c2 if I set a note to a c2 I would expect my my osc to play a Faithfull C2 am I right? Well with the hermod it will play a E4 wft!!!

Also I checked on my oscilloscope and after the A4 note the CV out drops suddenly into the negative voltage!!

Wow @squarpadmin I’m starting to think my module is faulty unless someone can replicate the issues?

Thanks!

1 Like

@madeinspace This could be a hardware fault indeed, can you please details what’s happening ? Is it just A4 and above that’s causing this ? On Hermod, C5 is tuned at 0V so you can use the full -5/+5V ouput range. A C2 on Hermod will produce a -3V output, some oscillator can’t handle such negative voltage so that’s probably the reason your osc is behaving like this.

Cheers,
Mathieu

Thanks @squarpadmin since rebooting the module it behaves as normal now ( so are numerous little inconsistency) , if it reapears I will make a vid. Thanks for following up :slight_smile:

I have had a similar bug in the new firmware where adding fx makes the step sequence disappear from display, even though it’s still playing. Rebooting module and it returns. I will test this again tonight and email a bug report.

I have had this one too, as well as the transpose bug through cv matrix where the sequence gets permanently stuck where it was transposed when you reset the matrix association.

Yes this has happened to me too. I will send this up!

1 Like

Regarding the transpose. This is a normal behaviour : if you de-assign an FX parameter from the modmatrix it will stay at the last value. We could make it go back to default value but some users will prefer the current way, we had to make a choice on this one.

Cheers,
Mathieu

Can you make it an option then? Thankyou because from memory it stays that way even when the effect is deleted, and that’s kinda wrong imo